Spring 2018 Registration Open
Post date: Nov 16, 2017 5:48:36 PM
Spring 2018 BaseballRegistration Now Open!
Registration for the Spring 2018 season is now open. There is a $10 early bird discount if you register by Dec 31st.
LL Challenger Division and Miracle League
The Little League Challenger Division is a non-aged restricted adaptive special needs baseball program that provides mentally and physically challenged players the opportunity of participating in an outdoor team sport. Baseball skills are taught at appropriate levels depending upon the severity of disability which can include non-verbal players and mentally disabled players, including autism spectrum disorders. Families are invited to contact the Challenger program at https://www.facebook.com/frederickchallenger, or contact Carl Hobbs at 301-788-4545 for more information.
MCLL also supports the Miracle League which provides a program for wheelchair bound players or those with other physical disabilities. The field is a rubberized material and located in Boyds, MD. Players are able to participate with support of on-field buddies that assist where necessary. Please contact Sean Ryan at MLMCBB@gmail.com or 301-509-9832 for additional info on the Miracle League.
Calling all Coaches!
Montgomery County Little League is a 100% volunteer run organization. This means every coach is a volunteer. It also means we are constantly in search of new coaches to fill the ranks. Even if you have never coached before we encourage you to consider it. Prior to the season we will be hosting a Big Al Coaching clinic to help new and seasoned coaches develop their practice plans and run practices. To sign up as a coach you will register through the same SIPlay system in which you register your child. If you want to know more you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask questions.
New for 2018
- Field improvements. South Germantown C has a scoreboard and dugouts. NCC2 is getting field drainage installed and some new sod!
- Price reduction for Lower County Minors/Majors. Lower County historically had higher operating costs, but we have finally closed the gap. Pricing across Upper and Lower divisions is now the same.
- Softball program expanded. This year softball will be offered for more ages and also in Lower County.
- Expanded Minors. Due to the large number of players in Minors we will be splitting Minors into AA and AAA into more age specific groupings.
- New Bat Standard. Little League is implementing the new USA Baseball Bat Standard. Starting Spring 2018 season all bats must carry a USA Baseball marking. For more info see the Little League site.
Did you know?
- We offer 50% more games than some of our competitors? So if you are price shopping, make sure you factor that in. MCLL plays 12 games where some others play 8 games. Additionally we have playoffs on top of the 12 games that other leagues don't offer.
- At the conclusion of the regular season MCLL fields teams in the Little League World Series tournament. The same one you see on TV each August. The only way to play in this tournament if you live in Montgomery County is to play in MCLL.
- In Spring 2017 we had 960 players and 83 teams. That is 30% growth from 2016.
- We have a family discount. If you have multiple children you receive a $25 discount on each registered child after the first one.
Spring 2018 Programs
- Tee-Ball; ages 4-6; 8 games - $90
- Coach Pitch Baseball (Minors A); ages 6-8; 12 games + playoffs - $180
- Minors/Majors Baseball; ages 8-12; 12 games + playoffs; 46/60 field - $220
- Minors AA; ages 8-10
- Minors AAA; ages 10-11
- Majors; ages 11-12
- Intermediate Baseball; ages 11-13; 12 games + playoffs; 50/70 field - $240
- Juniors Baseball; ages 13-15; 12 games + playoffs; 60/90 field - $250
- Coach Pitch Softball; ages 6-8; 12 games + playoffs - $150
- Minors/Majors Softball; ages 9-12; 12 games + playoffs - $190
- Juniors Softball; ages 13-14; 12 games + playoffs - $210
- Seniors Softball; ages 15-16; 12 games + playoffs - $220
See our web site for more info on divisions.
When you register you will register in either the Upper or Lower region. Upper region plays in the Germantown/Gaithersburg area and Lower region plays in the Bethesda/Chevy Chase area.
Intermediate and Juniors divisions are open to Lower County residents but, due to field availability, games will be in the upper region. If sufficient registrations exist in our lower region, we will attempt to form teams based on geography