When is the first practice of the season?
Your coach will contact you via email (on file with your registration) once they schedule the first practice, usually one week prior to the first game.
When is the first game of the season?
The game schedule is set prior to Opening Day. Typically first game is beginning of April.
What time and how long are games?
Tee-ball games are usually scheduled in the morning on Saturdays, occasionally games may be played on other days or times to make up for rain delays. Games usually take 1h, and have a 1 1/2h limit.
When and where are practices?
Each coach will set practice times for the team. Practices are generally held once a week and last for 45 minutes to an hour. Practice locations depend on available field permits, and are usually chosen at locations near the team's players addresses.
What equipment do I need?
We ask that each child have a glove, bat and helmet. It is ok if you want to wait until after the first practice to purchase equipment.
There are several places to buy tee-ball equipment - eBay, Dick's, Modell's, Walmart, Amazon. You may choose to buy used equipment in good condition given that the kids grow out of things quickly at this age.
- Glove - gloves for tee-ball players should general be 9-10 inches
- Bats - bats should be 24 to 26 inches- many will say "tee-ball approved" on the side
- Helmets - helmets can come with/without a faceguard.
Does my kid need cleats?
No, cleats are not a requirement for tee-ball. If cleats are used they must be plastic or rubber -- they cannot be metal cleats for safety purposes.
Do I need my own bat?
Preferably, most children have their own bat.
Do I need to buy a uniform?
Uniforms are provided to each child and are covered as part of the registration costs.
I would like to coach my child’s team, how do I sign up to coach?
- Log on to https://montgomerycountylittleleague.siplay.com
- Near the end of the page, click the "Apply to Coach/Volunteer" blue box
- Choose your name from one of the adults listed, and click the "Register Now" box
- Choose the role clicking the radio button (Manager, Assistant Coach or Team Parent)
- Select the division and click "Register"