Parent Contract, Waivers, and Releases
The following must be agreed to as part of the registration process.
Whereas I agree to help my child enjoy MCLL baseball/softball to the greatest extent possible, I hereby support the MCLL mission statement, which reads:
The mission of MCLL baseball/softball is to provide the children of the Montgomery County area a place to play baseball/softball in an atmosphere that promotes fun, learning, cooperation, good sportsmanship, self-esteem, and a love of baseball/softball.
MCLL baseball/softball places winning in its proper context: winning is fun, but far from paramount. Winning is NOT as important as fun and learning, building cooperation and self-esteem, and promoting good sportsmanship and a love of baseball/softball.
MCLL's in-house baseball/softball leagues are for children, parents, and coaches seeking and committed to promoting a baseball/softball experience that keeps competition within this context. Children and adults seeking a more competitive experience are invited to speak with their Division Commissioners or other League members about other options that may exist.
MCLL reminds every parent and coach that MCLL is for and about "THE CHILDREN."
I further agree to:
- Adhere to the rules of MCLL;
- Promote good sportsmanship and not participate in or tolerate any behavior that fails to model mature behavior;
- Offer only encouragement to my child, his or her teammates, and members of the other team;
- Never say or yell a negative comment about another child, a coach, or umpire in front of the children, including never openly complain about an umpire's call;
- Promote a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment and agree to assist by refraining from using any such products at all youth sports events;
- Assist (to the extent that I can) with coaching, providing transportation, or any other way I can help the players or team that my child is part of;
- Promote a safe environment for our players and be cognizant of the Maryland law on concussions. For more information on the law, MD Department of Education material and a brochure prepared by the CDC - see the Concussion page in the Information tab of the site;
- Do whatever I can to help ALL OF THE CHILDREN HAVE FUN.
COVID-19 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I/We, the above named parent(s)/guardian(s), hereby give my/our approval for the above named player to participate in any and all Montgomery County LIttle League (MCLL) and “Little League activities,” including but not limited to practices, games, clinics, team or league events, and transportation to and from the activities following the COVID-19 guidelines and any revisions required by MCLL, the District, Region, or Little League International as well as the State of Maryland and Montgomery County. I/We, have been informed by MCLL of the terms and conditions of the league for participation in baseball/softball required by MCLL, Maryland District 2 and Little League Eastern Region during COVID-19 as listed herein in and in MCLL’s Return to Play guidance that can be found on MCLL’s website at https://www.mclittleleague.org/league/safety-plan. I/We agree to adhere to all terms and conditions as currently published and as may be updated. I/We also understand and agree that the above named player and any spectator I/We bring to any Little League activity (as defined above) must adhere to those terms and conditions. I/We agree to also comply with all federal, state, and County COVID-19 laws and required safety precautions. I/We understand that additional resources for staying safe during COVID-19 may be made available on MCLL’s website (https://www.mclittleleague.org) and agree to review such documentation when made available.
I/We acknowledge and understand that participation in baseball/softball may result in serious injuries, as well as possible exposure to COVID-19. I/We further acknowledge and understand protective equipment does not prevent all injuries to players, and that personal protective equipment (PPE) does not preclude infection with COVID-19. I/We knowingly and freely assume any and all such risks associated with the above named player’s participation in MCLL and all Little League activities (as defined above). I/We do hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, agree to hold harmless, and promise not to sue MCLL (including its organizers, sponsors, board members, participants, managers, coaches, volunteers, and persons that may transport the above named player to and from Little League activities), and Little League International for any claim arising out of any injury to the above named player (including but not limited to exposure to or infection of the above named player to/with COVID-19 and any resulting illness) whether such injury/exposure/infection is the result of negligence by MCLL (including its organizers, sponsors, board members, participants, managers, coaches, volunteers, and persons that may transport the above named player to and from Little League activities) or for any other cause.
I/We agree to conduct required pre-practice and pre-game symptom checks on the above named player as required prior to each MCLL activity. If the above named player is ill or has any symptoms of COVID-19, I/We understand and agree to keep the above named player at home, and to inform the team manager. If the above named player develops any symptoms of illness (of COVID-19 or otherwise) during a or Little League activity (as defined above), I/We agree to pick the above named player up as quickly as possible.
I/We agree, upon request, to return any equipment or property of MCLL that is issued to the above named player by MCLL in as good condition as when it was received - except for normal wear and tear. I/we will assure that the above named player is aware of the special regulations prohibiting equipment sharing and touching the equipment of teammates or other players, as well as the need to avoid sharing equipment between players and other children. I/We also agree to sanitize the above named player’s equipment following each practice or game.
I/We agree and understand that MCLL reserves the right to prohibit a player from participating in or a parent/guardian/spectator from attending any Little League activity (as defined above) for their failure to abide by the terms and conditions of the league for participation in baseball/softball as required by MCLL, Maryland District 2 and Little League Eastern Region during COVID-19. I/We understand that MCLL will not provide any refund or credit for missed play as a result of such a prohibition from participating in or attending any Little League activity (as defined above).
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM
Read before accepting
In consideration of allowing my minor child to participate in any MCLL athletic programs, related events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from negligence of the releases or others, and assume full responsibility for my child's participation; and
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove my child from participation and bring such conditions to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
- I for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless MCLL, its officers, officials, agents, coaches, volunteers, umpires, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("releasees"), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
- MCLL's board members, coaches, and coordinators are not required to transport participants to and from any MCLL sponsored activities. In the event the need arises to provide player transportation, I, by signing this form, am granting permission and releasing the driver from liability.
- I am responsible for consulting a physician concerning the fitness of my child and his/her ability to participate in any activity sponsored by MCLL.
- I have reviewed the Boundary Map posted on the website and confirm that the player being registered either lives within the identified boundaries or has an exemption from this requirement since that player or a family member has played in GAC within the past 2 full seasons.
- I have read the Parent/Athlete Concussion Information Sheet provided by CDC and will discuss that information with my son or daughter to inform them what concussions are and what they should do if they have any symptoms. See the Concussions page for more info.
- This is to certify that I, as parent or guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless, the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement and participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence.
MODEL RELEASE FORM
Read before accepting
I hereby give my permission to Montgomery County Little League (MCLL), to use photographs and video taken during the games and events associated with MCLL in any manner to help promote the league activities.Such use could include publications, media releases, public announcements, electronic or otherwise, and on league websites or social media pages. I agree that neither I, nor my child, will receive any compensation if such image appears in any of the manners listed above or other manner that the league deems appropriate. I agree that such image is the property of MCLL.