Whereas I agree to help my child enjoy MCLL baseball/softball to the greatest extent possible, I hereby support the MCLL mission statement, which reads:
The mission of MCLL baseball/softball is to provide the children of the Montgomery County area a place to play baseball/softball in an atmosphere that promotes fun, learning, cooperation, good sportsmanship, self-esteem, and a love of baseball/softball.
MCLL baseball/softball places winning in its proper context: winning is fun, but far from paramount. Winning is NOT as important as fun and learning, building cooperation and self-esteem, and promoting good sportsmanship and a love of baseball/softball.
MCLL's in-house baseball/softball leagues are for children, parents, and coaches seeking and committed to promoting a baseball/softball experience that keeps competition within this context. Children and adults seeking a more competitive experience are invited to speak with the Division Commissioner or other League officials about alternatives.
MCLL reminds every parent and coach that MCLL is for and about "THE CHILDREN."
I further agree to:
- Adhere to the rules of MCLL.
- Promote good sportsmanship, neither participating in or tolerating any behavior that fails to model mature behavior.
- Offer only encouragement to my child, his teammates, and member of the other team.
- Never say or yell a negative comment about another child, a coach, or umpire in front of the children, including never openly complain about an umpire's call.
- Promote a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment and agree to assist by refraining from using any such products at all youth sports events.
- Assist (to the extent that I can) with coaching, providing transportation, or any other way I can help.
- Promote a safe environment for our players and be cognizant of the Maryland law on concussions. For more information on the law, MD Department of Education material and a brochure prepared by the CDC - see the Concussion page in the Information tab of the site.
- Do whatever I can to help ALL OF THE CHILDREN HAVE FUN.
Waiver and Release of Liability
Signed at registration
In consideration of allowing my minor child to participate in any MCLL athletic programs, related events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from negligence of the releases or others, and assume full responsibility for my child's participation; and
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove my child from participation and bring such conditions to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
- I for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless MCLL, its officers, officials, agents, coaches, volunteers, umpires, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("releasees"), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
- MCLL's board members, coaches, and coordinators are not required to transport participants to and from any MCLL sponsored activities. In the event the need arises to provide player transportation, I, by signing this form, am granting permission and releasing the driver from liability.
- I am responsible for consulting a physician concerning the fitness of my child and his/her ability to participate in any activity sponsored by MCLL.
- I have reviewed the Boundary Map posted on the website and confirm that the player being registered either lives within the identified boundaries or has an exemption from this requirement since that player or a family member has played in GAC within the past 2 full seasons.
- I have read the Parent/Athlete Concussion Information Sheet provided by CDC and will discuss that information with my son or daughter to inform them what concussions are and what they should do if they have any symptoms. See the Concussions page for more info.
- This is to certify that I, as parent or guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless, the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement and participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence.